With a heightened level of demand thanks to the stamp duty holiday, many vendors are engaging the local market. If you are looking to sell your home, but would rather take steps to improve the value of your home first, we can help.
At Williams of Petersfield, we are pleased to say we have assisted many home owners make changes which boost the value of their home. We believe solar panels are an effective way of adding value to your home, and will help you connect with willing buyers.
If you plan on selling your home, and would like a valuation of your property, please get in touch. We believe a property valuation is the ideal starting point for the sales process.
Going green helps you sell your home
A study by EffectiveHome, a company which specialises in solar panels, found that sales prices for homes with solar panels have risen by 14%.
The study suggests the average increase in value associated with installing solar panels is £32,459. Some areas which have benefited more than the average include:
- Homeowners in London can expect to see their property value increase by £90,000
- In Bristol, solar panels have been found to add £45,142 to the value of property
- Edinburgh homeowners can add over £40,000 to the value of their home with solar panels
Going solar is tipped to help homeowners save more than £27,000 on their electricity bills over the lifetime of their mortgage. We know this is an issue homeowners in Petersfield need assistance with, and it is important you consider effective methods of reducing your monthly bills.
Benefits of solar energy include:
• Solar power is a renewable source of energy, which is of interest to many people
• You can lower your energy bills with solar panels
• There isn’t a great deal of maintenance associated with these panels
• It indicates the home, and its owners, is forward-thinking
Some potential drawbacks of solar energy include:
• There is an initial cost in installing the solar panels
• Your overall benefit is impacted by the level of sunlight you enjoy at home
• Some solar panels take up a considerable amount of space
Dan Graby is a Director at EffectiveHome, and he said; “With house prices currently experiencing a mini boom, it’s interesting to see what impact solar energy and benefits such as reduced energy bills and lowering carbon emissions is having. We hope our findings are a welcome surprise to property sellers across the UK who may be unaware that making energy efficient changes to their home, can make such a significant contribution to its valuation. There is a clear appetite amongst homebuyers to move to a property which is sensitive to spiralling energy prices, global warming and the environment we live.”
At Williams of Petersfield, we aim to support the Petersfield community as much as we can, and we know this is an extremely trying time. A lot of people are looking for support and guidance, and if you have any property or housing related questions, we are more than happy to assist you, so contact us today.